Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 6: Reflection

Hello Everyone,



This week has been very interesting on so many levels.

The first part was the alternative choices which were given replacing the PowerPoint. I have been using Prezi before but the other remaining 4 are quite fantastic too. Personally, I am not very fond of PowerPoint unless I use it through the interactive white boards. Its utilization would interest me more as I can write on the PowerPoint additional comments for my students and save it afterwards.

The second part was Mobile Learning: will I use this new way of teaching? Ummm, based on the readings this week (http://cgi.stanford.edu/~dept-ctl/cgi-bin/tomprof/posting.php?ID=1020), I might consider practicing it in my classes in the future. However I think I have to master it before bringing it into my classes.

The third part is related to the project which I will be implementing in my class. It is Skype Education! As I have mentioned previously I have found my guest speaker already, but guess what? I have met him personally this week. He was on a very short mission to Lebanon and I had the pleasure to meet him before he travelled back home.  Indeed it was exciting and I have no regrets of choosing him as the guest speaker for my students…
I hope the whole project will be a fruitful one 

Sylvia, Lebanon

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia,

    I’m very interested in your project. I think you have a great opportunity to implement such an exciting project. I believe your students will benefit much from it, as they will be intrigued by a talk with the guest speaker and learning will be fun for them.

    Good luck,
    Zarifa, Uzbekistan

    ReplyDelete