Sunday, February 12, 2012

Week 5: Reflection


Hello to all,
We have already reached to the end of the 5th week which is half way to the end of this wonderful course.

Before I write what I have learned this week, I want to raise few things which I was thinking about…
This course has been so far very inspiring and interactive but what I’m mostly concerned about is keeping in touch at a later stage. I’m not sure if anyone had raised this question to our dear instructors and if so, apologies for not paying attention the reply. After the course reaches to its end, will the username and password on nicenet expires and therefore we wouldn’t be able to go back to the wonderful posts of our fellow virtual classmates? How can we continue to stay in touch? Perhaps creating a small closed group on facebook would be helpful?
As for the reflection of week 5, http://rubistar.4teachers.org/is is indeed useful to create rubric in a very short time and less time consuming.  However, what I couldn’t figure out is how we can delete or create new columns and I would really appreciate if anyone could guide me on this…

Sylvia, Lebanon

2 comments:

  1. Dear Sylvia,

    I am also wondering if we'll be able to access Nicenet. I hope Jodi will answer this this in her weekly newsletter.

    As for keeping in touch, I think Facebook is a good idea. But as handling multiple account on a growing number of social networks is becoming increasingly difficult, why not to carry on with the system which exists today: our blogs?
    We can read all the updates, and get in touch.

    What do other participants think?

    As for your question about deleting columns in rubrics - I didn't have this trouble. I opened a template with the number of columns I needed.
    As for lines, I just left them blank, and they didn't appear in the final rubric.

    Hope this could help.

    Best regards,

    Val, Belarus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia,
    I have explained how to make Rubistar template look the way you like several times. Surely I will be glad to help you, too! :) Please go to the Nicenet "Week 5: Rubrics" conference, read my comments for Ludmila and Vijay, I have explained there. If you have more questions, you could write to my e-mail julia_g777@mail.ru I am not explaining here, in the comments, because I might forget about some important details, and I remember I tried to make it detailed and simple on the Nicenet. And now my mind is absorbed in reading the blogs... :)

    ReplyDelete